Over the years Avocado oil has gained popularity as more and more people are coming to know about its amazing health benefits, and started noticing that it tastes as good as olive oil. I saw an article about it with several reviews on the internet and I thought of giving it a go. I bought the ‘Olivado Organic Fair Trade avocado oil’ from Waitrose and I am really impressed with the multiple uses I made out of it, it’s not only good for your skin and hair, it’s delicious in daily cooking! It has now become an essential in my kitchen, so this London Blogger would like to share with you the Avocado oil benefits I have learnt.
Avocado oil benefits at a glance
- It is rich in healthy fats and has lots of antioxidants.
- The oil contains oleic acid, which is a very healthy and natural fatty acid.
- It’s a booster for the overall health (especially good for your heart), and helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Avocado oil contains plenty of lutein which is a very important carotenoid that helps protecting the eyes and sustaining eye health in advanced ages. It’s important to eat products with lutein as you can only get it from external sources because the body does not produce it.
- One interesting observation is that carotenoids are better absorbed by your body when eating avocado oil, and many similar nutrients also get absorbed better when adding it in the preparation of foods, snacks and salads.
- Extracts of the avocado oil are mixed with extracts of soybean oil to make avocado-soybean unsaponifiables, which help relieve pain from osteoarthritis. It helps to reduce the joint ache and other symptoms.
- The causative agent behind gum tissue destruction, which is a protein called IL1B gets inhibited by Avocado oil, and thus gum diseases are prevented with the use of the oil extracts.
- Skin injuries, psoriasis etc. can get better with the use of Avocado oil loaded creams and ointments. Overall health of the skin is improved with this oil use.
- The antioxidants in it block the free radicals thereby boosting immunity.
You should try cooking with Avocado oil
Avocado oil is an exceptionally great choice for cooking, and has multiple health benefits, it not only improves the taste and aroma of food, but also improves your health when using it in the long term. As it has become highly popular the internet is full of avocado oil cooking recipes, which you may use pretty well to extract the full taste and aroma of the oil when cooking your favourite ingredients. Give it a go, you won’t regret it!
You can get your ‘Olivado Organic Fair Trade avocado oil’ from Waitrose through this link: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/olivado-organic-fair-trade-avocado-oil/665048-133034-133035