Salmon is one of the most delicious fishes consumed (by non vegetarians or vegans!) around the world. This fish is known not only for its delectable and mouthwatering taste, but also for the extensive range of health benefits it offers. I’m sure you have had baked salmon, grilled salmon, salmon cakes or have treated your appetite with smoked salmon and numerous other salmon recipes, but you have hardly ever pondered on the count of its health benefits!
Now for those of you out there who are trying to resist from gorging on bites of salmon dishes to keep a diet plan, here’s the twist for you! Salmon does offer you more than a dozen health benefits, and if you still don’t trust me go through this article and check out this London blogger’s review and opinion.
Health Benefits of Salmon
- Salmon is known to be one of the most rich sources of Omega 3 fatty acids named DHA and EPA which help us resist and lower inflammation, lower blood pressure, minimising risks and chances of cancer and several other diseases.
- 100 grams of salmon intake offers 25 to 30 grams of protein, and protein is an essential part of our diet which has a healing power to the body, enhancing bone health, guarding muscle loss etc.
- Another one of the important health benefits of salmon intake is empowering your brain cells to be more active, since it is rich in Vitamin B.
- Salmon recipes can also help prevent excess fluid retention in your body. It can also help keep your blood pressure in control offering a good amount of potassium in your daily diet.
- Since Omega 3 fatty acid DHA is directly responsible for your brain functioning, including salmon recipes in your daily diet routine can boost your cognitive development and even offer you a healthy nervous system.
- Salmon also has selenium, which works as an antioxidant in your body protecting your brain cells. It is also a rich source of Vitamin D and B.
Salmon sushi is an all time winner but I love smoked salmon. You need to try it on an avocado toast (and top it with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce), it is a delicious brunch!